Zentonil® AdvancedBack to overview
You are here
One way to help support your pet’s liver is by administering SAMe orally. SAMe helps boost the production of glutathione (an antioxidant)1 improving the liver’s ability to neutralize free radicals. It has also been shown to support liver cell regeneration and to help prevent further damage.2
Zentonil® Advanced also contains Silybin, the most biologically active component of a plant known as milk thistle (Silybum marianum), that has been used for centuries to support liver function. Silybin’s primary effect is thought to be as an antioxidant to help the liver fight back against free radicals.3
Depending on the nature and severity of your pet’s liver problem, your veterinarian may recommend administering SAMe alone (Zentonil® Plus) or a combination of SAMe + silybin (Zentonil® Advanced).
1. CENTER, S.A. « Antioxidants in liver disease » in Clinician’s Update: Focus on oxidative stress – overview, therapies and research. Supplément du NAVC Clinician’s Brief, sept. 2007.
2. CENTER, S.A., Compte-rendu du 18e congrès de l’ACVIM, Seattle (Washington), 2000 ; p. 550-552.
3. FRASCHINI, F., G. DEMARTINI et D. ESPOSTI. « Pharmacology of silymarin ». Clin Drug Invest, 2002 ; vol. 22, no 1, p. 51-65.
VETOQUINOL REWARDS YOUR LOYALTY!
How does the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty Program work?
Vetoquinol Care Loyalty cards are available from your vet clinic.
Show your card every time you buy one of the selected products.
For 5 products purchased, you will get one free!
Which products are eligible for the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty Program?
The product list is available on the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty card.
For more information, please go to your vet's office!
Tips & Tricks
- Unfortunately, our pets age much too quickly. They become less active and experience new pain. However, we can help them in different ways.
- This article will go through some of the do’s and don’ts of bathing your pet.
If you would like to know if this product is sold at a veterinarian near you, please refer here: