The importance of dental care
Periodontal disease occurs when the bacteria from dental plaque is allowed to build up on the surface of teeth. The bacteria causes inflammation and, eventually, the destruction of the tissue that surrounds teeth and keeps them healthy. This can make your pet's mouth sore, result in tooth loss and be the source of chronic infection, which can shorten his life expectancy.
Did you know that...
- puppies have 28 teeth and adult dogs have 42 or that kittens have 26 teeth, while adult cats have 30?
- more than 80% of pets aged 2 years or older have periodontal disease?*
- in pets, two-thirds of each tooth is hidden inside the gums, meaning that your pet may have dental disease without you even knowing?
- bad breath might be the first sign of a serious dental problem?
Vetoquinol Care Enzadent Toothpaste is an enzymatic toothpaste with a great chicken flavour which will tickle the taste buds of your dog or cat!
It is available on its own in a 90 g size, in a 21 g trial size in the Starter Fingerbrush Kit and in a 90 g size as part of the Complete Toothbrush Kit which also includes a toothbrush and a fingerbrush!
To find out how to properly brush your pet's teeth watch our video, which will explain the steps on what to do.
* ALBUQUERQUE, C., et al. The Veterinary Journal, vol. 191, 2012, p. 299-305.