The importance of dental care
Periodontal disease occurs when the bacteria from dental plaque is allowed to build up on the surface of teeth. The bacteria causes inflammation and, eventually, the destruction of the tissue that surrounds teeth and keeps them healthy. This can make your pet's mouth sore, result in tooth loss and be the source of chronic infection, which can shorten his life expectancy.
Did you know that...
- puppies have 28 teeth and adult dogs have 42 or that kittens have 26 teeth, while adult cats have 30?
- more than 80% of pets aged 2 years or older have periodontal disease?*
- in pets, two-thirds of each tooth is hidden inside the gums, meaning that your pet may have dental disease without you even knowing?
- bad breath might be the first sign of a serious dental problem?
Enzadent Starter Fingerbrush Kit
The Vetoquinol Care Enzadent Starter Fingerbrush Kit contains:
- A 21 g tube of toothpaste: an enzymatic toothpaste with a great chicken flavour which will tickle the taste buds of your dog or cat!
- A fingerbrush: using an Enzadent dental fingerbrush can make it easier for pets who are just starting out with tooth brushing. This method will help your pet get used to your fingers inside and near his mouth. An Enzadent fingerbrush is the first step, before going on to use a toothbrush.
To find out how to properly brush your pet's teeth watch our video, which will explain the steps on what to do.
* ALBUQUERQUE, C., et al. The Veterinary Journal, vol. 191, 2012, p. 299-305.
VETOQUINOL REWARDS YOUR LOYALTY!
How does the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty Program work?
Vetoquinol Care Loyalty cards are available from your vet clinic.
Show your card every time you buy one of the selected products.
For 5 products purchased (mix & match), you will get one free!
Which products are eligible for the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty Program?
The product list is available on the Vetoquinol Care Loyalty card.
For more information, please go to your vet's office!